Wednesday 19 October 2016

Lace dress plus size. How to make small big

Lace dress trending now, but how often we ccan find what we want in the shops?
Especcially if you are a plus size?
Honestly speaking I can not find anything decent in the shops. All those dresses are designed I think for skinny ones just scaled and that's why it looks horrible when you try it on, leave alone the comfort of wearing those dresses....
So I decided to make one.... on a budget....
as you know that lase fabric can be quite costly and not always to your liking, so I found nice lace dress size 8 and with little bit of magic turned it into size 26....  I know sounds unreal...
proof is here...


































How did I make it?
If used any ready made garment first thing is to unravel all the seams and pressed all pieces flat to make ready for cutting.






















I used lace for front, back and sleeves. I also used a ready made pattern but it can be buit for you whichever you prefer.

  Layed the fabric and cut accordingly




























 Joined together lace and underlay fabric and serged the edges


 Front piece underlay fabric and lace surged together


Back half pice ready for surging

 2 halfs of back piece sewn together

 Side pieces (fron and back) joined together creating the arm opening
 Wing attached to the back side piece


 Two wings (front and back) joined at the shoulder seam

 finishing the shoulder seam

 Pressing the arm opening

 preparing bias finishing tape for the neck opening

 Sleeve cutting - part lace part fabric



 Sleeve











































First I assembled the dress without sleeves.



 
 
Here we go, new lace dress 

No comments:

Post a Comment